2019 Summer Bike Rentals
Icycle Sports has the largest fleet of rental bikes in the Yukon. Our 2019 rental fleet has 5 categories of bikes:
- Hard tail mountain bikes - Front suspension trail mountain bikes - Great for exploring around the City of Whitehorse, Miles Canyon and the surrounding cross-country trail networks. Most trails are a short ride from down town and range in difficulty from Beginner to Intermediate.
- Full-Suspension trail mountain bikes - you guessed it front and rear suspension 120/130 mm of suspension travel - These are the favorite pick of riders wanting to tackle Whitehorse and Carcross trails, combining capable climbing and descending these are the all-rounders of mountain biking.
- Full-Suspension all mountain bikes - more travel and more gravity oriented than our trail bikes with 160 mm of suspension travel, in a burlier package. These bikes are kept at our Carcross rental shop to cater to the more difficult trails found on Montana Mountain in Carcross, but can also be booked for rental in Whitehorse (please follow up with our staff @(867) 668-7559 after making your booking.
- Carbon Full-Suspension bikes - looking for a premium ride? Check out our fleet of Carbon Full-Suspension bikes from Santa Cruz, Giant, Kona and Norco!
- Carbon Road bikes - Is the pavement your preference? We have a selection of carbon Giant Defy/Liv Avail road bikes.
All our rentals come with your choice of either Flat Pedals or Shimano SPD pedals – if you use other ones, bring them!
We provide basic cross-country helmets from Giro and IXS helmets. It is suggested that you bring your own helmet if you can (it’s more hygienic and, of course fits you best).
All other safety gear is up to the rider to provide (e.g. gloves, knee pads, elbow pads, full-face helmet, etc…).
Top-tube bags with tube, levers, pump and mini-tool are available to borrow, plus the cost of any used supplies (tubes) or lost tools.
We also have a few cable locks for locking the bikes outside during the day. (Do not lock bikes outside overnight).